Fresh shrimp and pasta! Who can resist?
2 ½ pounds jumbo shrimp
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
¼ cup Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
¼ cup lemon juice
1 lemon, cut in wedges
1. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tail intact. Butterfly the shrimp carefully. Starting at the tail, cut to the underside of the shrimp.
2. Prepare the marinade: Mix Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard Dressing with the lemon juice and crushed red pepper if desired. Put half the marinade in a large zip-top plastic bag, seal and marinate in refrigerator for 15 – 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
4. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper.
5. Coat the grill with cooking spray. Place shrimp on grill, cut sides down. Grill 2 minutes on each side, basting frequently with the remaining half of marinade.
6. Serve with lemon wedges.
4 servings – per serving: 330 calories, 7.7 g fat, 9.6 g carbs, 734 mg sodium
6 servings – per serving: 220 calories, 5.1 g fat, 6.5 g carbs, 489 mg sodium
1 pound penne pasta
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
½ teaspoon each: chopped fresh oregano, chopped fresh thyme, chopped chives
½ teaspoon each: salt, black pepper
2 pints cherry tomatoes
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup College Inn fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
½ cup (about 3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
1. Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting the salt and fat. Drain. Place in a large bowl and toss well with 2 teaspoons olive oil, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. 2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add tomatoes and garlic, saute 2 minutes. Add chives and thyme, saute 1 more minute or until tomatoes are slightly charred and skins are beginning to burst. Add broth to skillet and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat for 1 minute. Add broth mixture and parsley to pasta; toss gently. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
4 servings – per serving: 503 calories, 8 g fat, 18.5 g carbs, 314 mg sodium
6 servings – per serving: 335 calories, 5.3 g fat, 12.3 g carbs, 209.5 mg sodium